As part of the global Crowdbutching initiative, Happymeat.uk is the first UK based online butcher that — beyond just premium grade beef — promises transparency, healthy produce, zero waste and the highest levels of animal welfare all the way from field to fork.
- Highest animal welfare standards as we work exclusively with farmers with the strongest track record in animal care; rearing animals slowly and naturally with no hormones and plenty of space to freely roam on pastures green.
- Traceability and transparency of the farm, farmer, breed and ear tag number of your meat. By providing this information, we take the mystery out of meat so you can make truly informed purchasing decisions about the meat you eat!
- Zero waste (there are currently 100,000 cattle wasted every year) by (i) only slaughtering our cows once they are completely sold and (ii) offering a nose-to-tail mix of pre-portioned meat products in each of our boxes.
- Healthy meat as our animals are never administered with preventative antibiotics nor fed grass that has been treated with artificial pesticides, sprays or chemicals.
- You pay less while small-scale farmers earn more by cutting out the supermarket middleman! Our supermarket price comparison proves it!
How does it work?
As a mix between online butcher and crowdfund platform, happymeat.uk provides the opportunity for sustainably minded consumers like yourself to buy a share of a cow from small-scale, traditional farmers who slowly and ethically rear pasture based, free range cattle. Once all your given cow's remaining shares are sold, your animal will be slaughtered at a family run, local abattoir, processed at an organic meat plant, matured and finally delivered to your door in a biodegradable meat box. Try it now at just £1.85 a serving!